PmWiki (This site)
Rapid Knowledge Transfer
(Remember, the "secret" password for editing is arterwiki)
Purpose of the project
What are the goals we have purposed to achieve and what are the obstacles which must be overcome?
Brian Treptow clarified our mission on September 13.
- Are there technologies we could and should be using to facilitate delivery to our mission?
Example outcome for this: Yes. Quality Professionals have told us that we would enhance our mission by providing access to our services via a Smartphone, e.g. by providing a search of the body of knowledge effectively and efficiently on an Ipod, Droid-based phone, and Ipad.
- Should we deliver technology solutions that quality professionals can use day to day on the job?
Example outcome for this: Yes. Quality Professionals have told us they would love for ASQ to offer quality software as part of their membership, e.g. a web-based tool with iPad support managing their CAPA processes.
Kam Gupta understands the goals as follows:
- Existing technology integration into the present information access sources such as handheld devices, virtual forums, and conventional means. This includes social media, e-readers, professional sites like linked-in, and others.
- Solutions-on-demand for any quality specific situation from an existing data bank. Implement cutting edge technology and user interfaces to make user experiences memorable.
Derek Martin added three fundamental principles:
- Establish an e-repository for knowledge, tools and contact information to authors of such. The repository must be both compatible and user friendly wrt current and emerging communications technologies.
- Within the e-repository there must be an encyclapedic structure with concordance and interlinkage searchable by keyword, key topic, key author etc. etc. etc.
- An ongoing oversight committee must be appointed to maintain and advance the both the hardware and software elements of the repository as well as to clarify and pursue continuous improvement of the organizational structure of the contents of the repository.
Daniel Zrymiak added the Next Steps from the EVM21 update:
- Gap Analysis to evaluate the "sweet spot" between freely available apps and intellectual property where ASQ can best use the technology preferences of our members.
- Continue to capture ideas and feedback.
- Explore if there are technologies that ASQ could and should be using to facilitate delivery to support our mission.
- Work with divisions and sections, through DAC/SAC, to develop and deploy Quality knoweldge sharing and transfer innovations and implementations.
Members on the project team
Active members are:
- Lori Dellinger, Member Leader Co-Chair. Michigan, email@example.com, 810.237.4957, Document Imaging and Workflow, Records Management
- Daniel Zrymiak, Member Leader Co-Chair, ASQ Fellow, Vancouver, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, 604-575-3269, KT SME
- Laurel Nelson-Rowe, Staff Co-Chair, ASQ Managing Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-248-1946 X 7433, membership, QBOK, Web strategy, social media, brand management...
- Maggie Joos, ASQ Staff. Wisconsin, email@example.com, 414-272-8575, ext. 7682, marketing, project management, social media
- Dennis Arter, Member. Washington, firstname.lastname@example.org, 509.783.0377, Geek knowledge, Social media, owner of the wiki site
- Tonis Kilp, member, Ontario, email@example.com,416 949 4654, Sustainability Office
- Kam Gupta, Member. Active in HD&L (past chair), LED, and Audit Divisions. CSSBB, CQE, CQA. Executive coach and president, Chicago Coach Federation. firstname.lastname@example.org. 847-612-4244.
- Derek Martin, ASQ Section Member Leader, SME Chapter Chairman, Michigan. email@example.com. 810-513-0467. Operations/Manufacturing/Quality
- Brian Treptow, ASQ Staff. Wisconsin. firstname.lastname@example.org. 414-298-8789, ext. 7367, IT
- Michael Dzick, ASQ Staff. Wisconsin. email@example.com. 414-298-8789, ext. 7518, Learning Offerings
Short Teaser Statement
What can we put out to DAC/SAC (November meetings), ASQ Weekly and Friday Fast Facts, and LinkedIn/Twitter?
- What tech services might Divisions and Sections use to meet member needs? Examples might be mobile versions of web sites, blogging software, or wikis. What software might help members in their day jobs? Example might be a corrective action tracking app. (Arter. 253 characters)
On October 14, Dennis Arter asked members of Linked-In (ASQ Main, ASQ Influential Voices, and ASQ India) and Twitter for input.
Please enter your suggestions and their sources on this separate page.
Major milestones and deliverable items
This can be our action item list, in the form of
- First milestone and date
- Second milestone and date
If we wish to get fancy, we can even construct a simple table.
Here's a page to capture random thoughts and ideas.
- Initial teleconference took place on July 6, 2011.
- Teleconference scheduled for July 27, 2011, at 5:30 Eastern time. Dial-in is 866-699-3239 and passcode is 20760162
- July 27 call postponed to August 3. Same time and numbers.
- September 16 call to clarify mission. See minutes
- November 3 progress? report to ??
- November 7 call to finalize communications & discuss next steps. 3:00 Eastern. Same dial-in. New passcode of 20781240.